Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Space Needle





Space Needle in Seattle - Drawn by my 4th grader


Do you live in another state?  Don't just limit yourself to using the Space Needle in your painting. Here are some other famous city buildings to use in lieu of the Space Needle....


 


  • World Trade Center
  • St. Paul’s Cathedral
  • The White House
  • Empire State Building
  • Buckingham Palace
  • Statue of Liberty


Supplies Needed:
Acrylic Paints
Pencil
Paint Palate
Paint Brush
White sheet of paper (I choose heavy cardstock 9×12)
Step 1: Create your background. I loved the look of my background here.  I took white paint and a little bit of yellow paint and mixed them all over. Let dry.
Step 2: Draw the Space Needle (or building of your choice- the taller the better).  My Space Needle was drawn like I was looking up at it. (Which creates perspective)
Step 3: Draw branches all over. Make sure they are overlapping the Space Needle.
Step 4: Paint your Artwork (I used black, brown, and yellow)

No comments:

Post a Comment